[OFFICIAL DEVELOPER Q&A]

General discussion about the Mod.
Andrew_S90

Re: [OFFICIAL DEVELOPER Q&A]

Post by Andrew_S90 »

Alex_Desblack wrote:Is the Blueprint in the game or the building it selfe? :D

Blueprint

GeriX
is it a chance spawn like the safe? or always at a spawn like the explorer bag?

was it just added in the game? or was it in previous patches?

Hint please? :D
technicianhard

Post by technicianhard »

MossbergBoss/Dave wrote:Apologies if any of these have been answered before......

1) Most importantly...... Will servers work with Commander browser in future or only the Origins browser? Commander seems to be the best way of getting new players to try Origins. Without it they find it too hard to get involved.

2) Is there any way to fix the white/black male arms bug with level 2 heros?

3) Do you plan to revamp any of the old vehicles and make them more useful? (eg Scrap Buggy, Titanic for example) - Nobody uses them because theyre slow and not worth the materials unless a last-resort.

4) I spoke to Alex/Martin months ago about the idea of adding some S.T.A.L.K.E.R style themes, some of which have already been implemented such as the PDA for missions........is any of this still planned or scrapped?

5) Shooting from vehicles as passengers......will this ever happen? Would be the coolest thing ever. **San Andreas Driveby**
1) No, Commander stop supporting himself so we deside to make some web version of it.
2) Make some description about in bug report, all model bugs will be fixed in future.
3) Developing on science engine level.
4) Will be in future updates.
5) This one is not supported by arma engine, so No.
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Will the wheel clamp be needed to load vehicles on the new ferry and transport truck?

It isn't planned yet, but sounds like a good idea, althoug I think it would get pretty anoying by the time, to always search for wheel clamps.

GeriX
Alex_Desblack

Post by Alex_Desblack »

Is it possible that the Gatling Capri 69 or the rodina fuel truck get a stensil ?

Currently not. It is planned to be added in future patches.

GeriX
tripiz

Post by tripiz »

Is the 46 Stages Stronghold still planned for upcoming patches?

Yes.

GeriX
Cynalis

Post by Cynalis »

Will adding mounted guns to some additional vehicles ever happen?

I feel like adding a mounted non-MG on a few vehicles would raise their value. Perhaps two AK-74's on the Wheeled Titanic, or something of that nature.

We actually have some further plans for mounting guns on vehicles, but nothing sure for now.

GeriX
Alex_Desblack

Post by Alex_Desblack »

Is There any option to Help The Dev Team. With i dont know a donation or something ....? :)

As i said I love your work and i would realy like to support you guys. <3

Well, if you know anything from scripting to 3D Modelling, we can use every help, we can get, but donation is very nice, too :)
For those, you can contact Alex and he will tell you further information. We really appreciate your support ;)

GeriX
Alex_Desblack

Post by Alex_Desblack »

Oh and what happend to the wiki you announced once is it still planed or not? :D
Nex

Post by Nex »

Will any Origins development move onto Arma 3 or will there be any ports?

This is a really hard question, but most likely not. Porting stuff to Arma 3 is extremely hard in terms of time and exhausting thing, because all the models and scripts have
to be redone. Apart from this the map needs to be ported, too, wich means resizing everything, from trees to the terrain and buildings manually... So for now don't put any hopes in this, but if we will anounce it :)

GeriX
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

To build the large garage i know you must have a lvl3 house first but do you need to be a lvl3 to build the garage. For example if i build my lvl3 hero and then go and shoot a bunch of people and end up being a lvl1 hero or bandit could i still construct the large garage. Or would i have to lvl back up to a lvl3 to build it?