Yes, fix it
47%
No, leave it
53%

Total votes: 88

|LP|Miv.™

Re: Ammo-Relogbug Fix -Yes or No?-

Post by |LP|Miv.™ »

i have to say.. this game of survive doesnt have anything xD Its just one pvp mod

its like, omg a zombie ruunnn... no its wasnt..

Oh look sun, a zombie... ohhhh sweet, so cool :p

When some pvp fight start, i spawn ,go to a litle house.. grab, 25 can of food, 25 bandages, a few guns and pew pew pew ( ironic)... but i have much afraid from players... ands not dificult to survive in the map... if i want i can live forever im kameni :p

It would be nice make it more difficult... really hard to get loot..... beacause in the end, we are all survivers :)
Killborn556

Post by Killborn556 »

Homer wrote:
Killborn556 wrote:Its a video game, and I don't want to waste half my time on the game looking for mags... if it is fixed putting mags in your house should still reload them.

^ Sorry but this makes me laugh.
Do explain... not everyone has houses stocked full of gear and enough time to spend farming areas for ammo.
Homer

Post by Homer »

So you think its normal that you have a way of having infinite ammo because "players don't have time to farm"?

It will make the game harder? Good.
Will it make the players think what gear to use? Excellent
Will it make the players give more value to the simpler mags? Love it

Even heroes farming zombies will have more work. Balancing it with bandits.
Killborn556

Post by Killborn556 »

Homer wrote:So you think its normal that you have a way of having infinite ammo because "players don't have time to farm"?

It will make the game harder? Good.
Will it make the players think what gear to use? Excellent
Will it make the players give more value to the simpler mags? Love it

Even heroes farming zombies will have more work. Balancing it with bandits.
It's not infinite ammo, if you shoot the mag its gone. It can also be a feature by being able to refill ammo at houses. Making houses have 20+ mags that have 10 bullets or less in them is not a way to get more players... its just another hoop to jump through. Origins has too many of those.

Also, making the game harder does not make a game better. Especially in this case, where Origins is one of the hardest already.
stea1l

Post by stea1l »

It's not all about making the game harder / easier BUT about gaining / losing players. Less and less people were playing Origins Mod in recent times, which is very sad :(
So you might have to think about the effects new introduced stuff has on new & old players ...

Furthermore I do not think that the ammo relog is the reason for decreasing player numbers though.

---
stea1l
Homer

Post by Homer »

Its my opinion. Counts has much has the next guy.

New players that join the Mod wont check if you can have infinite ammo. I dont think it will affect that.
stea1l

Post by stea1l »

Yeah that was my point either. Nevertheless something needs to get done to attract more players ... somehow

Bigger community -> more suggestions and cooperation in the forum -> more fun ingame !
Homer

Post by Homer »

I think that the ways to call more players should be discussed in another topic. Since it would be a long topic.
LCpl.DaneOH!.ANZAC/5th

Post by LCpl.DaneOH!.ANZAC/5th »

Iv been playing the days mod since it came out. I started playing origins maybe 3-4 months into it. And iv survived bugs, glitches, duping, hacks and everything inbetween and never agreed with the majority of it. But, think about it. Its a survival, first person shooter, pvp, pve game. You need to have some flaws that put you ahead of others. I decided, after much thought that I dont want the bug to be removed. It isn't that big of a fuss to the gaming community, I anything it makes the game that much more fun. If you start off on a high pop server and everyone else is highly geared, and you manage to stumble upon a dmr and one clip, if you get ambushed by bandits and your usually a good player your stuffed, but, the bug lets us make that decision to snipe for hours without needing to watch ammo, travel to sector B and not stress about running out of ammo if your a lone wolf (like myself) and its just not going to benefit the game all that much if you remove it. Look at the standalone for instance, its too hard to get ammo and as a result people are giving up on it. I love pve, but pvp is vital in an online first person shooter game. So please, if not permanently, at least for now keep the bug.
stealth#

Post by stealth# »

LCpl.DaneOH!.ANZAC/5th wrote:Iv been playing the days mod since it came out. I started playing origins maybe 3-4 months into it. And iv survived bugs, glitches, duping, hacks and everything inbetween and never agreed with the majority of it. But, think about it. Its a survival, first person shooter, pvp, pve game. You need to have some flaws that put you ahead of others. I decided, after much thought that I dont want the bug to be removed. It isn't that big of a fuss to the gaming community, I anything it makes the game that much more fun. If you start off on a high pop server and everyone else is highly geared, and you manage to stumble upon a dmr and one clip, if you get ambushed by bandits and your usually a good player your stuffed, but, the bug lets us make that decision to snipe for hours without needing to watch ammo, travel to sector B and not stress about running out of ammo if your a lone wolf (like myself) and its just not going to benefit the game all that much if you remove it. Look at the standalone for instance, its too hard to get ammo and as a result people are giving up on it. I love pve, but pvp is vital in an online first person shooter game. So please, if not permanently, at least for now keep the bug.
i´ve voted for fix it but you have good arguments here which i was also thinking about. its not an easy decision. should be an option for admins if possible. i am not a fresh player so i have other thinkings about it. it will hurt me too, but i think its ok.