AI too OP?

General discussion about the Mod.
Pestol

AI too OP?

Post by Pestol »

Anyone else think the AI is too OP? Like when you go to a mission they are always hidden somewhere in trees and impossible to see, yet they just shoot through trees and grass? Presonally I think they should be dumbed down as they can pretty much see you through anything
Homer

Re: AI too OP?

Post by Homer »

Admins have the power to customize the NPC difficulty from 0% to 100%.
Spy

Post by Spy »

10 -100 % :D

But every chang you must STOP the server.
SkyGhostraven

Post by SkyGhostraven »

difficulty:
10% = Super Rambo AI with Aimbot and supersight.
100% = Super Mega Terminator Snipereye with Aimbot and supersight.

Sooo bad :P
GeriX

Post by GeriX »

If you gather some experience and remember where they spawn it's easy. But learning this takes time. We don't want to give you the stuff for free, you have to work for it!
Homer

Post by Homer »

Ive done Sector B at a friend admin request in their server. AI was at 20%. A NPC started shooting at me in the open with a PKM, he couldnt hit a damn barn...

Like Gerix said. Once you know the missions there are not this nightmare that people make them. We do them at 100%, sure we die sometimes, but its not impossible.
aim^

Post by aim^ »

But there should be a difference between knowing where they spawn and a fair bot.

If you encounter a bot on an open field/street and he sees you first, you are as good as dead.

Don´t know if it´s possible with the Arma2 Engine, but i would perfer fair bots for a good competition, with exciting fire fights.
Something like the bots in BF4, CoD or CS. You don´t have to kill them instantly, with a good tactic and cover you can kill them.

But maybe I´m just a nub in Arma ;)
ZiCell

Post by ZiCell »

Actually, aim^, what happens in Origins on 100% is exactly such good competition. Yes, it's sometimes unfair, but life isn't much more fair, you know. Kinda lame argument, but true, admit it.

And funny thing is that after dealing with this game you can easily beat Arma on expert. So, yeah, being good in there doesn't really mean a lot.

You just need to learn Origins, pal. It's not impossible. Try harder.
tripiz

Post by tripiz »

Spy wrote:10 -100 % :D

But every chang you must STOP the server.
Do you really have to stop the Server? Every other setting from the Origins Guard Panel is applied without stopping the Server after the next restart.