Origins is the mod with the worst performance - why?!

General discussion about the Mod.
ShowNoMercy

Origins is the mod with the worst performance - why?!

Post by ShowNoMercy »

Hey there.

I jump from mod to mod in the last few weeks, just to test out what is availabe, what has changed an not at least cause Origins chosed paths that kinda killed it for me.
Today i logged in on a full server, 50 people on it - and it had a really terrible performance.
Tried 2 other ones - same result.

How can it be that...
- Overpoch servers have such a great performance (even WITH wild spawning zombies, many more objects AND on maps like Lingor, Panthere or even on Taviana?!)
- Epoch servers have such a great performance (also: wild spawning zombies, many more lootspots, many more objects, doesnt matter which map)
- DayZero servers have an outstanding performance (being the best mod in terms of performance out there)
- Origins servers do have a really crappy performance (on the same map as Overpoch/Epoch with less zombiespawns and objects)
????

In FPS numbers, just to compare (taken from 1 hour of gameplay, traveling around the map)

- Overpoch full server: average FPS: 49
- Overpoch low pop server: average FPS: 63
- Epoch full server: average FPS: 52
- Epoch low pop server: average FPS: 69
- DayZero full server: average FPS: 79
- DayZero low pop: average FPS: 91

- Origins full server: average FPS: 27
- Origins low pop server: average FPS: 34

How can it be - with this mod getting update after update - that the performance is still that weak?
These are just FPS numbers from my computer - but others report the same.
Origins is - since its release - the worst performing of all the greater mods.

Why not bring a performance update instead of putting more and more content into the game that runs terrible?
[XCF]Goblin

Re: Origins is the mod with the worst performance - why?!

Post by [XCF]Goblin »

Very Good Question :!:
OldManTim

Post by OldManTim »

You make interesting points
Suggest you also post in the developer Q&A forum
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=540 :-)
Vitalicks

Post by Vitalicks »

Let me add. Which is something that pisses me off completely.

OriginsMod i'm assuming it has a 1500m view distance On Origins Taviana.

I can get the same performance with a 3000m view distance on Epoch Origins or Overpoch Origins.

It's retarded and I always wanted to know why it happens, But performance on the same map is better on diff mods.
technicianhard

Post by technicianhard »

Performance depends on the number of players, really? Always got good performance in origins, exсept some places on the map. I hope this Sabina style will be fixed soon.
Killborn556

Post by Killborn556 »

technicianhard wrote:Performance depends on the number of players, really? Always got good performance in origins, exсept some places on the map. I hope this Sabina style will be fixed soon.
He's right. Unless you have a supercomputer you can notice a difference with more/less players on, also right after/before a restart.
technicianhard

Post by technicianhard »

I guess I got supercomputer.
Vitalicks

Post by Vitalicks »

technicianhard wrote:Performance depends on the number of players, really? Always got good performance in origins, exсept some places on the map. I hope this Sabina style will be fixed soon.
Yes the more players around the more zombies will spawn, the more both server and client have to handle, just go on the arma 2 editor set a specific view distance, spawn a couple zombies, vehicles, etc etc and you'll see. That's common knowledge. Joking about supercomputers isn't at any point interesting. That's what i think.

But if you want to put it that way, performance depends as much on the numbers of players as lag does. We can talk about lag as well, but i really don't want to badmouth the mod because I'm a huge fan and i don't intend on pointing out only the bad things.

You don't avoid problems by joking about them.
ShowNoMercy

Post by ShowNoMercy »

All these damn kids talking like "im just fine, i got good fps" or "its because its arma 2 not because its origins"

This is why i tested BOTH - many players and low population servers.

Thing is: Origins has overall a really bad performance (FPS,Desync) compared to other popular mods out there.
If SOME (!) people dont have problems - okay, thats fine - be happy and dont give a f*** - but that is NO SOLUTION for the others.

I just wonder why other mods got such awesome FPS and Origins has not?

DayZ Standalone also got a terrible performance on the average gaming computer - some people play it on max-settings with 200 FPS all time - sure - but that does NOT mean it has a good performance for the average user overall.
technicianhard

Post by technicianhard »

I get it, difference between low pop and high pop is 27-34 only 7 fps, for u. For me is another problem, I got 50-60fps, and I find some places on the map there my fps falls to 10-20 fps (and after last update there is more such places), thats why don't see difference in server loadout. So I enjoy bad performance in some places as well :)

P.S. ShowNoMercy, can u make video compare with fraps and put some vids here I think it would be good visual material for this topic and for developers?