Origins is the mod with the worst performance - why?!

General discussion about the Mod.
[XCF]Goblin

Re: Origins is the mod with the worst performance - why?!

Post by [XCF]Goblin »

Are we comparing Apples to Oranges people ? Doesn't every mod use a different server provider ? Could that be the issue , server setup ?
Vitalicks

Post by Vitalicks »

technicianhard wrote:I get it, difference between low pop and high pop is 27-34 only 7 fps, for u. For me is another problem, I got 50-60fps, and I find some places on the map there my fps falls to 10-20 fps (and after last update there is more such places),
Did you know that those places don't have those problems on other mods? ;) At the end of the day, all mods are based of the same engine and most have the same things. Did you know that on Overpoch any loot that a player drops stays on the ground until the server restart? Even with features like that server performance is worse on Origins.

I can make a comparison video if you want, i can even show how many seconds it takes for a player to die on a 50/50 origins server and on a 50/50 epoch or any other mod.
technicianhard

Post by technicianhard »

Vitalicks wrote:
technicianhard wrote:I get it, difference between low pop and high pop is 27-34 only 7 fps, for u. For me is another problem, I got 50-60fps, and I find some places on the map there my fps falls to 10-20 fps (and after last update there is more such places),
Did you know that those places don't have those problems on other mods? ;) At the end of the day, all mods are based of the same engine and most have the same things. Did you know that on Overpoch any loot that a player drops stays on the ground until the server restart? Even with features like that server performance is worse on Origins.

I can make a comparison video if you want, i can even show how many seconds it takes for a player to die on a 50/50 origins server and on a 50/50 epoch or any other mod.
Oh I did not even know that other mods use taviana map :oops:

Yeah make some videos too, but I guess it's will be more info from vids of topicstarter, cause he got this problem and "med" system, and I guess we got "supercomputers" where we will not see anything.
Vitalicks

Post by Vitalicks »

I've got FPS drop problems as well on Origins even with a good computer. I got it on all mods, but Origins has the most impact on FPS.
technicianhard

Post by technicianhard »

drop - yes, usual fps ~30 - no
Vitalicks

Post by Vitalicks »

my average FPS on origins wont go above 40. The only town i get 60 frames with or without players is Seven. Branibor is awful, lypostok is just as bad as sabina, sabina has its specific places where it drops to 10~14 frames. Specially near the lab or the Bank where the Safe Spawns.

The thing is, on most places the drops are very inconstant, it's annoying, its not just a random 10 frames drop, it drops frames randomly while looking at one area without moving, it goes from 50 or 60 to 30 or 20, then back up, then down, its constantly like that, and since the new update it has random freezes all the time specially when driving around, I even formatted my PC because i though i had a problem, tried SSD, ramdisk, etc. Tried lots of Launch Parameters etc. but gave up because it's only on origins.
technicianhard

Post by technicianhard »

U try SSD after this, really?) expect a video of you more than before.
Vitalicks

Post by Vitalicks »

technicianhard wrote:U try SSD after this, really?) expect a video of you more than before.
Yeah i don't use an SSD for any game.

SSD - Windows and software in general.
Fast HDD - Games
Slow HDD - all my windows libraries.
Another HDD - recordings

Post by 37083 »

my fps is most of the time okay, but i also know these heavy fps drops. But much more annoying for me is the desync problem. I am dying more often than 50% in low range fights, in which one i have headshotted my opponent first.

-> i am giving someone headshot -> i STOP (and won´t shot a single bullet anymore) shooting and start moving around -> 3 seconds later i am getting headshotted by the guy, i´ve headshotted first -> he´s dead and me either

I dont know how many times this happend :D

orgins is my favorite mod and i realy love it, i played it many hours. But performance wise it sucks...
So why the performance is still that bad, even after more than ~2 years? development? This subject should has major priority on your to do list and not inserting a new house/car/skin.
Just look at the SA team, instead of bringing out a stable game in fact of performance, they start to design clothes and to hide loot under beds da fuq? NOBODY CARES! :D

I would like to see the developers write into this thread, just to know what we can expect performance wise in the next time. Even if your answer is that there never will be better performance on this mod.
Vitalicks

Post by Vitalicks »

37083 wrote:my fps is most of the time okay, but i also know these heavy fps drops. But much more annoying for me is the desync problem. I am dying more often than 50% in low range fights, in which one i have headshotted my opponent first.

-> i am giving someone headshot -> i STOP (and won´t shot a single bullet anymore) shooting and start moving around -> 3 seconds later i am getting headshotted by the guy, i´ve headshotted first -> he´s dead and me either

I dont know how many times this happend :D

orgins is my favorite mod and i realy love it, i played it many hours. But performance wise it sucks...
So why the performance is still that bad, even after more than ~2 years? development? This subject should has major priority on your to do list and not inserting a new house/car/skin.
Just look at the SA team, instead of bringing out a stable game in fact of performance, they start to design clothes and to hide loot under beds da fuq? NOBODY CARES! :D

I would like to see the developers write into this thread, just to know what we can expect performance wise in the next time. Even if your answer is that there never will be better performance on this mod.
Do you also get shot of enemies that are not looking at you when the whole server is PVP'ing in a spawn town?

Because i do.