Origins is the mod with the worst performance - why?!

General discussion about the Mod.
Vitalicks

Re: Origins is the mod with the worst performance - why?!

Post by Vitalicks »

Hope this is enough to prove that i get the same performance with double the view distance on overpoch origins.

It's not about having a good PC or not. It's about the same hardware in different mods.
technicianhard

Post by technicianhard »

If this video is for me, I am not asking about view distance ^^ I just wanna compare fps with the same view distance, u can set it to 1100m, cause I always get the server with this max. It would be nice if u will got pc like the topic starter and also would be nice if I see this on video:
- Overpoch full server: average FPS: 49
- Overpoch low pop server: average FPS: 63
- Epoch full server: average FPS: 52
- Epoch low pop server: average FPS: 69
- DayZero full server: average FPS: 79
- DayZero low pop: average FPS: 91

- Origins full server: average FPS: 27
- Origins low pop server: average FPS: 34
Vitalicks

Post by Vitalicks »

I'm sorry, the video is there and as you can see Origins has bad performance with almost 3 times less the view distance as Overpoch on its own map. So good luck trying to fool whoever you want to, but Overpoch beats origins at its own game.

This conversation is over as I am not here to act like nothing is going on and pretend that the originsmod performance is good.

So in Overpoch Origins to have the same bad performance as the Originsmod you need almost 3 times more view distance and still probably performs a bit better than Origins, I don't know what else do you want. If you say Origins has the view distance at 1100m then it's even worse than i thought! Good luck with trying to fool even more people.

This conversation between you and me ends here.

Just one more thing. There's no point in talking about med spec PC's if high end one's can't even handle the Mod on default server settings. I'm still perplexed with the fact that it's only 1100m view distance.
technicianhard

Post by technicianhard »

I try to fool someone, really?) Just collecting information. This topic got zero information to development with only figures withought video. And as I can see this topic is not about view distance (but if u manage to compare some mods on the same view distance where we can see difference in fps it could have some logic).

Btw u catch agro very quick - like zombie.
Vitalicks

Post by Vitalicks »

technicianhard wrote:I try to fool someone, really?) Just collecting information. This topic got zero information to development with only figures withought video. And as I can see this topic is not about view distance (but if u manage to compare some mods on the same view distance where we can see difference in fps it could have some logic).

Btw u catch agro very quick - like zombie.
If overpoch handles on 3000m view distance what is the point of even going lower to the origins level? Please explain? I don't understand your logic.

You have seen that both use the same amount of GPU power, yet one goes further with longer detail? Why? What's stopping origins from having the same performance as overpoch in this situation i mean, the origins Taviana map was made by the origins developers to work best on the originsmod. How come it doesn't? is it a server issue?
technicianhard

Post by technicianhard »

Logic is simple if u compare 1500 with 3000 and got the same fps, this 1500+ is no influence on fps. And I not 100% sure that 1 server got 1500 VD and other 3000VD.
Vitalicks

Post by Vitalicks »

technicianhard wrote:Logic is simple if u compare 1500 with 3000 and got the same fps, this 1500+ is no influence on fps. And I not 100% sure that 1 server got 1500 VD and other 3000VD.
If in the video i said it's on 3000m view distance then it is, since you can even see the byelov castle from the byelov church and even further. I can post another video since now you're now trying to call me a liar, seriously don't take it personally but who made you a moderator? You have a video where i show that Origins doesn't handle the default server view distance on my computer, but overpoch does and goes even further and stops at 3k because first i had no option to go further and second its already twice as much as origins. What more do you need? do you need me to explain to you that if a car can go at 300kmph it will forsure go at 150kmph?
technicianhard

Post by technicianhard »

Vitalicks wrote:
Hope this is enough to prove that i get the same performance with double the view distance on overpoch origins.
Vitalicks wrote: You have a video where i show that Origins doesn't handle the default server view distance on my computer, but overpoch does and goes even further and stops at 3k
So there is the truth? Is it equal or not? :D I think the conversation with u is really over, cause u even can't logically associate u own thoughts.
Vitalicks

Post by Vitalicks »

The fact that i get more view distance on the same framerate means i get more performance on Overpoch Origins than on Origins itself.
With that being said, there was no need to compare as the Originsmod doesn't even handle its default configurations. So the topic starter was right, Originsmod gets less performance than all other mods even when the other mods use the OriginsMap on top of their own features! Just :lol:

What else do you want? A video on how many seconds it takes for a player to die on origins vs overpoch origins or any other mod?
GordonF.

Post by GordonF. »

You guys should chill out.. this conversation is going nowhere.

Fact: Origins has bad performance compared to other mods.(Like in Sabina in the central square, or in the garden where are the scientist)
Now what can you (the dev team) and we do about it ?