DEVELOPERS..you need DAYZ COMMANDER

General discussion about the Mod.
TheScholar

DEVELOPERS..you need DAYZ COMMANDER

Post by TheScholar »

Ya I sound like an alarmist but lets look at this...99 percent of the servers population numbers across are falling rapidly...and I too soon will be moving to one of the 1 0r 2 servers with a healthy population because our server has shrank from 35-60 players to a consistent 7-18 players...no one wants to play on such a huge map with no one else on..numbers make this game.

I believe it is because Origins no longer uses dayz commander..see ...the everyday guy uses dayz commander to check out different mods easily and can accidently stumble into Origins with a click of the mouse on dayz commander as he explores mod options.

I believe if Origins could get back to dayz commander.... only then will Origins survive and flourish...my prediction for Origins is that it will dwindle and dwindle till there is nobody left using the devs browser...It would be better for the Origin community to have to wait for dot josh to get off his ass and update the new Origin patches even if it took a week or even 2 weeks rather than sit here and watch Origins servers die because of no new blood....dayz commander is the HUB that is still necessary for Origins to survive

Origins has 3-4 months tops unless it can get back to Dayz commander...the attempt to have an independent server hub is honorable but has been a miserable failure...good try but it didn't work...get on this quick Devs or we are DONE...IMHO
technicianhard

Re: DEVELOPERS..you need DAYZ COMMANDER

Post by technicianhard »

- 99 percent of the servers population numbers across are falling rapidly........... - this is false, don't do it again please, 2 month ago I came to one server there was 10-15 people, now it's 50, mb u guys, I don't know.^^
- Dayz commander got very very poor service and updating that cause many trouble with game updating and connection to the servers, after last talk with them it seems it's not updating or fixing at all.
- Dayz commander is not the device to access dayz origins servers it's (comfortable) tool for some people, if someone can't use another tool or native connection, I think it's only lack of intelligence or reluctance to use something else.

Origins has 3-4 months tops......oh exact figures + wrong reasons = another frightening topic....IMHO
Andrew_S90

Post by Andrew_S90 »

The fix with commander is too easy to matter, just make it say (1.7.9/125555) sooner in the title!!! Please do this because a lot of people do use commander, however bad it is.. It is a good thing to have fixed, no matter the small numbers, its still more players. A lot of my friends refuse to download it, or it is so much of a hassle to download origins that they just don't want to. Not many are okay with using a torrent or know of another launcher.

Please fix this, all you have to do (LAGFREESERVERS) I know you own it, and can do it. Just move the Mod Name (1.7.9) and the Arma patch (125555) or w/e the patch is, earlier in the title.
+ Add steam port to the config.cfg files
TheScholar

Post by TheScholar »

when I go on your launcher I see 2 or 3 servers with 50 people and the rest have 0 to 15 people..just a fact....if dayz commander isn't updating I understand the devs not using it so..we have what we have...but I've been around Origins for 2 years so I have an accurate understanding of what is happening as do others...I love Origins ..but I'm also not in denial of the steady decline in overall numbers apart from maybe 2 or 3 servers...one which you are probably on...If you are able to get Origins back on dayz commander there are still thousands who use it and love the ease and convenience of it....you say it may be a case of intelligence???...you are missing the point sir...people will not jump through all these hoops...most people are plug and play and dayz commander caters to that priciple....I'm playing... I jumped through the hoops but so what...you have thousamds who will never bump into Origins and they might have with dayz commander...you are not marketed at the moment..you have us fanboys but have cut off the flow of the majority of possible new players..Id you don't believe this don't....but I'll tell you right now...you're dead wrong..players have lifespans with games...they will drop off over time and thats natural..your uncommon buasy server has picked up the majority of its players from other servers almost cetainly ...they are mostly transfers...not new players...there are only a couple of busy servers..I might soon become a transfer myself until eventually there is no server with enough people for me to transfer to....what I'm saying is true...maybe dayz commander is done I don't know since all I play is through the Origins server provider....but unless you get more exposure of this great mod through another source other than your server lister...Origins will only fade out...this is not a scare tactic...its the truth and if you can't see it...I can't help you.
OldManTim

Post by OldManTim »

Andrew_S90 wrote:The fix with commander is too easy to matter, just make it say (1.7.9/125555) sooner in the title!!! Please do this because a lot of people do use commander, however bad it is.. It is a good thing to have fixed, no matter the small numbers, its still more players. A lot of my friends refuse to download it, or it is so much of a hassle to download origins that they just don't want to. Not many are okay with using a torrent or know of another launcher.

Please fix this, all you have to do (LAGFREESERVERS) I know you own it, and can do it. Just move the Mod Name (1.7.9) and the Arma patch (125555) or w/e the patch is, earlier in the title.
+ Add steam port to the config.cfg files

I too don't understand why they don't just fix the server names
Remove "Official"
Remove "#LFS"
Add the needed steam port to the config.cfg files
And BOOM, most of the servers will appear on DayZ Commander
Such an easy fix...
rubberducky

Post by rubberducky »

I also agree with OP. A lot of players still use Commander (myself included). It is extremely easy to do; way easier that using launch parameters. Origins server on which I play is saved in my Commander favorites, so it still shows up (it just appears that it is down). Once this server dies out, so will my desire to play Origins.
If devs still want to make money off of this mod their best bet would be to fix whatever issue they are having and have their servers show up in the Commander.
GeriX

Post by GeriX »

Unfortunately DayZ Commander has stopped support, although the creator promised us to fix it, but yeah... We can't really do anything about DayZ Commander, so you will have to use the Server Browser we made recently.
|LP|Miv.™

Post by |LP|Miv.™ »

Just use dayzluncher
TheScholar

Post by TheScholar »

ya Gerix..thats too bad...the last server in North America that had more than 10 regular players is chosen1 and we have plummeted from 60-70 regulars 3 months ago to a dismal 3-18 players..approximate...there are only a couple of servers with good numbers now and they are pinged out of Europe... so for me now to play on a server with players means a 150-200 ping...there are currently no busy North American servers just many empty ones...I have changed 2 servers in the last 2 years.. both from being closed down and...I am on number 3 and I am not starting all over again ..... and instead of playing almost every day...I've played twice in the last week...it is no fun when there are so few people playing...Origins numbers are way down since the whole gamersplatoon nonsense...I thought an attempt to get back to dayz commander could boost numbers and still believe that....but if it can't be done it can't be done...dayz launcher has 10 guys using it so that has been no help to us since its inception as an alternative to dayz commander..I think Origins is almost dead in North America as the numbers suggest and I wouldn't be surprised that the steady decline in our server means it will close in the near future ...I am really surprised that some of the moderators here have no idea that soon there will be no more threads left here to moderate ...I'm almost at abandon ship.....man this was a great mod...thanks for mod...I'll check back in a couple of months...time plus insight plus logic equals correct conclusion...I would contact dot Josh if you want to save this mod...
technicianhard

Post by technicianhard »

Meanwhile new patches continue to be developed, I think it die then development stops, so doт't bet on Dayz Commander mr. American.