DEVELOPERS..you need DAYZ COMMANDER

General discussion about the Mod.
Cynalis

Re: DEVELOPERS..you need DAYZ COMMANDER

Post by Cynalis »

Took me about 2 weeks to get 2 people of my clan on Dayz Origins because they wanted to use Commander. Our clan is about 30 people.

It doesn't matter about intelligence, or whatever. This is a game, stupid people play games too, and you shouldn't avoid fixing a problem because there is an alternative. This is the age of convenience, and you have to recognize that and cater to it, otherwise the game will die.
TheScholar

Post by TheScholar »

Hey Technicianhard. :idea: ...you realize that both you and I want Origins to succeed..correct???...so why don't don't you do a little rethink on what we are saying..numbers are down and more exposure for Origins is necessary...all I can think of is Dayz commander because well...it has been THE central mod hub for Dayz players since almost dayz itself...the real issue is that Origins needs to be better marketed bringing greater exposure towards it....now dayz commander isn't great in itself...its great because of what it has become ..it has become the urban hangout of all dayz mods where everyone goes to play...everyone!!...IMHO Origins has moved to the countryside...to the middle of no where, away from the main hub of player activity..many even think it has ceased to exist with gamersplatoons removal of support...they can see it on dayz commander in mod options but when they click on it not a server shows up..so it appears to be extinct...if you want to be found stop hiding in the middle of nowhere and get back to where I came from....where you come from..., and almost every other player that has ever downloaded and played Origins comes from...Dayz commander....remember we are on the same team supporting Origins ..and I don't even care you're European...OK...maybe a bit :D ..signed Mr. Canadian
technicianhard

Post by technicianhard »

What can I say, I think americans more smarter then this. Topicstarter try to read developers post before u make u own posts.
age of convenience then u can't get ip by google and can't connect directly it's stoneage, so keep going man.
you're too dependent.
I really think, than if man can't push 2 more buttons to achieve the goal it's time to go play tetris or something more easier.
TheScholar

Post by TheScholar »

:lol:..ya...ya...whatever
GrandRoyal

Post by GrandRoyal »

I dunno the commander bit..

Fact is that if it isn`t download/ run / play , the most people will vanish.

Server after server is going down and its all because this I think. How should a new player join this mod without help ?

Dayzlauncher works to join but it sucks ( dont display players etc )
GordonF.

Post by GordonF. »

Maybe I missed a post, what is blocking the dev to put back Origins on DayzCommander ?
OldManTim

Post by OldManTim »

GordonF. wrote:Maybe I missed a post, what is blocking the dev to put back Origins on DayzCommander ?
From what we (players/server admins) can tell, they simply need to make sure that the version numbers show sooner in the title.
The (1.7.9/125555) part.
Since the Steam takeover, the title names can only be a certain amount of characters, and because you have to have the whole "Official Origins Mod #LFS" part in the beginning of your server name, you are not left with enough characters to get your server name and the version numbers in.

I tested with my server, and it seems to show up fine when I shorten my server name to accommodate the version numbers.
They also need to add the needed steam ports in the config.cfg files of the servers.

Unless I am missing something else here, which I have not read about, except that "DayZ Commander's dev does not want to fix" but I do not know what else there is to fix on DayZ Commander...
stealth#

Post by stealth# »

I can understand both sides. But i think accessability is really important for many people. The core users will always find their way, but we need the easy access to maintain the playerbase with other players.
the main reason is server finding through commander.

i need commander just for downloading addons, and will stick to the direct ip method, regardless if its fixed. but i think too that its important and will have its benefit if fixed.
TheScholar

Post by TheScholar »

Thx guys.....the whole point of this thread is easy accessiblity to the consumer, the end user, and being intergrated with service providers who expose the greatest amount of possible consumers for your product and thus maximize potential users.....so more exposure equals more potential players...right now I think that the average dayz player no longer can find Origins on the shelves but has to go to a specialty store to find it and in stead settles for an inferior product because the run around costs them too much time and effort for something they are unsure they will even like. The key to good marketing is to FLOOD,,,flood the market with your product information so that first people know about you and then provide an easily accessible product for the interested consumer.

This is not a criticism of anything good the Devs have done, it is just a request for the Devs to rethink how they can boost the numbers of players exposed to the mod...I like many others are not happy with the trending of the mod at this particular time...time to BOOST