Making Old saws fairly common everywhere

General discussion about the Mod.
sepheNz0rd

Re: Making Old saws fairly common everywhere

Post by sepheNz0rd »

I agree. It's easier to build an lvl1 house than building a tent.
Vitalicks

Post by Vitalicks »

sepheNz0rd wrote:I agree. It's easier to build an lvl1 house than building a tent.
So true :D
TheScholar

Post by TheScholar »

...Lets try again...intially they only made tents dependent on the old saw ...and then made the old saw hard to get BECAUSE OF TENT SPAMMING..Tent spamming has ended..ENDED...you CAN"T place tents beside each other any more and create walls..REMEMBER...TENT ABUSE WAS A PROBLEM BUT ITS NOT ANYMORE...There is no logical reason to keep the Old saw such a rare item....ALL it does it hurt NEW PLAYERS getting set up...thats it...it doesn't hurt me and it probably doesn't hurt the majority of guys reading this but IT HURTS NEW PLAYERS trying to get their foot in the door....I don't want the game to be easy...I don't want to give players a tent in their gear on startup..I want the game to increase in difficulty for us veteran players. The learning curve for Origins is steep enough and when you add the fact that the new guy loses his looted stuff every 30 minutes without possibly being able to stash some of it..... most solo new guys feel like they are chasing their tails until they eventually give up in frustration.
JoshJondle

Post by JoshJondle »

I haven't been playing at all because I bought a house and a vehicle and I have my 4th kid on the way in 2 weeks, but the tiny bit I have played, I've been on Chosen 1 following around my friends that moved there for more action. I also believe that it's not even worth picking up a tent as a brand new player. Especially for anyone that has no idea that saws spawn in special locations only.

Imagine it, 3 guys decide to give Origins Mod a chance after getting bored with another mod, and they choose a high pop server. They run around looting and are excited to hide a tent they found. They didn't have the blind luck of finding a saw on accident, and they certainly have no idea that they are special spawn location items, and they aren't the type to take the easy route and just google the answer. So instead they try to store materials for building houses in some car in the woods but like everyone, it keeps getting stolen before they can get L1 finished and locked.

Just seems so counter conducive to new player retention.
BadMotherFucker

Post by BadMotherFucker »

Why don't you get an Old Safe. To store items it's better then a tent...
TheScholar

Post by TheScholar »

JoshJondle wrote:I haven't been playing at all because I bought a house and a vehicle and I have my 4th kid on the way in 2 weeks, but the tiny bit I have played, I've been on Chosen 1 following around my friends that moved there for more action. I also believe that it's not even worth picking up a tent as a brand new player. Especially for anyone that has no idea that saws spawn in special locations only.

Imagine it, 3 guys decide to give Origins Mod a chance after getting bored with another mod, and they choose a high pop server. They run around looting and are excited to hide a tent they found. They didn't have the blind luck of finding a saw on accident, and they certainly have no idea that they are special spawn location items, and they aren't the type to take the easy route and just google the answer. So instead they try to store materials for building houses in some car in the woods but like everyone, it keeps getting stolen before they can get L1 finished and locked.

Just seems so counter conducive to new player retention.
congrats on your new child....my wife and I have 5 boys ...and thx for your post
Gank

Post by Gank »

i agree its retarded a saw is not everyplace in the world as a spawn. I do however like they are rare, it even makes since. If you found them everyplace it would make them even less useful and annoying to find as a pickaxe. The only used for a few things in the game so they should not be found everyplace. That said, i love the "Lean-to" idea, they might even use that its so useful. It would take nearly no effort either, they already have skins for it. IMO take the need for pole out, what tent comes with no poles! I can see finding one with no pole but every one you ever find ever? That makes no damn since lol, is there a pole thief out there? What is he building with them all!

I think new players should be giving a hand, but that's just me. I really believe new players its like this, Safe,Wheels, House, Heli,Tent. Would not needing planks fix that order, sure. Is it needed, not a bit. You guys ever herd of an Old Safe? If a small plank is ruining your game your not think far enough ahead, your safe and ride will hold you items, level one house is a joke to build just wiki that up:) and after you have it no one can just walk up and take you stuff. Tents are risky saves and houses are not.

BTW, Ekaterinburge catwalks has them, also rare but the big red buildings (you know the one) also:)
klosiklosi

Post by klosiklosi »

I never see players with problems to find an old saw.