Making Old saws fairly common everywhere

General discussion about the Mod.
TheScholar

Making Old saws fairly common everywhere

Post by TheScholar »

You cannot spam tents like you used to....making tent walls etc...they need to be 12 meters apart. SO... the tent issue IMO has been fixed a long time ago and now it is time to make the Old saw more common

Old saws need to be available like toolboxes and entrenching tools now....being found in all industrial areas on the map. The reason being is that new players are having a difficult time getting set up. There is no longer any reason I believe for the Old saw to be so difficult to find...all it is now is a hindrance for new players.... we need new players to fill our servers now that the mod has new life.
badass68

Re: Making Old saws fairly common everywhere

Post by badass68 »

I disagree. Without the exclusivity of items required to build being spawned on Novistrania, people will explore less to this new island.
I think its set up right as regards to what spawns on each island.
I believe if you made stuff spawn on Taviana that currently only spawns on Novistrania then the new areas will become no man's lands.
People mostly only go there for these items, the risk is high as no spawn points are near and the journey is long and if on foot can be dangerous, this is great for gameplay.
Perhaps they will be able to trade for Saws at the new trading area.
TheScholar

Post by TheScholar »

My turn to disagree...I think that the difficulty should increase as a player levels into the game....Our server Chosen 1 has 50 -70 players regularly...the new solo guy finds it almost impossible to get set up. Tents used to be a problem over a year ago when people used them for walls...so they introduced the new saw as a requirement to build and they also implimented a distance restriction so that tents couldn't be set up shoulder to shoulder..and thats good. Tents were being abused so they tried to correct it...but I think they have overcorrected one problem and have created another. Tent spamming is no longer an issue. The fallout now is that tents, which give new players a chance to store to get set up are basically refused to the new guy...Most of us quit Dayz because our stuff vanished every night without locked housing. New Origin players can't even get a tent up... The new map areas are for higher grade weapons and new building items (screws) and backpacks etc etc..... ..but tents are a basic need fora new players survival in early game..I understand that the new map has things that can't be found everywhere and thats good.. but a saw shouldn't be one of those items.

I like the game tough and have been playing for 2 years...my concern here is for the new players not guys like us...they need a bit of help... making the old saw not so exclusive would help them.

Alex, do your new players a favor and make the old saw more available to new players because they are the ones who need the help the most...penalize us veterans if need be with less availability of high end gear and loot..but give the new guys at least a chance to get into the game
OldManTim

Post by OldManTim »

TheScholar wrote:...penalize us veterans if need be with less availability of high end gear and loot..but give the new guys at least a chance to get into the game
I agree with this

New players have almost no chance to store gear. I would suggest making the saw spawn on any island, and maybe making it rare'ish.
badass68

Post by badass68 »

Well I still say leave as is. How ever I do understand what you are saying. But it is a survival game, not a kit you out game and hoard.

How ever the team could put in a smaller reduced size tent that doesn't require a saw.

Perhaps half the amount of storage for new starts. This spawns only in spawn towns ? Kameni, Etenovsk, Bylov etc etc.

I really don't see the issue, yes the game is hard to start but it can be done. I only just started on Ghost server 4 weeks ago and i all ready have all houses. Get a gun and kill...

Spawn kameni swim across to new island 15 mins your there.

Good luck
OldManTim

Post by OldManTim »

badass68 wrote:How ever the team could put in a smaller reduced size tent that doesn't require a saw.
Ah yes!
I agree with this!
My view is, if a smaller tent, that does not require a saw to build, can be put in, then leave the saw on the new lands :)
IceBlade

Post by IceBlade »

I agree that old saws should be more widely available. It's very hard for new players to establish a base. I've seen people quit within days of starting on a populated server. The goal should be to attract new players not make it impossible for them to get going. Besides. Once you get your houses up you aren't going to be building tents anyway; so they are mostly for people just starting in a server.
JoePowell

Post by JoePowell »

With the new barter ability being implemented I think it is best to have some items that are rare, this enables them to have a higher meaning/value, in turn this will mean you can get more value for them.
However I do understand what you mean by needing an old saw for short planks to make a tent, however the gas silos (some are at dalnogorsk, some are at ekatingburg) have a chance spawn old saws on top of them.
BadMotherFucker

Post by BadMotherFucker »

JoePowell wrote:however the gas silos (some are at dalnogorsk, some are at ekatingburg) have a chance spawn old saws on top of them.
You can also find then in those two storage rusty plate buildings.
And there's always Dr. Ivan :)

Edit:
New players can also find the Safe in Sabina Bank (50% chance per restart). You don't have the option to sleep but other players can't steal your gear.
Vitalicks

Post by Vitalicks »

Either Make the Old Saws more common or make them not a necessary tool for tents. If you look at the tents when you pick them up, they're pre-built, all you need is to pitch them.