52%
NO
48%

Total votes: 317

JoePowell

INT005 Wipe

Post by JoePowell »

Hi Guys,

Please cast your vote for the INT005 wipe.

Regards,

-Joe
TheScholar

INT005 Wipe

Post by TheScholar »

TheScholar wrote:Was at work when I got a text saying there was talk about the server getting wiped. Was wondering why?...does it have anything to do with the new patch being ineffective unless there is a wipe?? ..."just because the last wipe was "so much fun" ..as mentioned above..doesn't cut it..that's idiotic..there has to be a good reason for the wipe...all I see in the heading IS>>DO YOU WANT A WIPE??....I haven't voted yet...give me a good reason for the wipe to make sense and that will do...thx

building takes time....what's the point of grinding the loot to build if we have a server wipe every 6 months...no one will ever get to a level 4 building in that time frame...but if ur going to do it Joe...forget waiting till the 29th...just do it...poll should close TONIGHT so we can get on with it!!!!
SGTSADSACK

INT005 Wipe

Post by SGTSADSACK »

TheScholar wrote:Was at work when I got a text saying there was talk about the server getting wiped. Was wondering why?...does it have anything to do with the new patch being ineffective unless there is a wipe?? ..."just because the last wipe was "so much fun" ..as mentioned above..doesn't cut it..that's idiotic..there has to be a good reason for the wipe...all I see in the heading IS>>DO YOU WANT A WIPE??....I haven't voted yet...give me a good reason for the wipe to make sense and that will do...thx

Exactly, people will just not play on the server for a month or even move server.. knowing that all they hard work over 1 month has a 50/50 chance to be wiped. Wipe happen soon or not atall, IF IT PASSSES
CuloLightning

INT005 Wipe

Post by CuloLightning »

I agree with scholar the decision should be made quickly .... so players can decide to whether invest time on the server or not . No one wants to invest time just know that its going to be wiped in a couple of weeks so i think the decision should be decided by today or tomorrow so ppl dont waste there time
Valkensniper

INT005 Wipe

Post by Valkensniper »

Look I have a solution for this. wipe every thing on the server besides everybody's characters. Then tell people when the wipe is going to happen. Give them a time frame so people can go into there houses and grab what they won't. So its a win, win for everybody. :D ;)
Valkensniper

INT005 Wipe

Post by Valkensniper »

SGTSADSACK wrote:The wipe needs to happen soon or not atall. Literally waste a month of time
I agree. If you going to do it then do it like right now. All of the new players that are getting out of school and starting to play are going to build for a month then its going to get wiped. that is going to piss a lot of those guys off. so just wipe the server now.
MossbergBoss/Dave

INT005 Wipe

Post by MossbergBoss/Dave »

Seems very unfair and biased to me that in most cases......people who havnt put the effort into constructing a sizeable base (or who havnt been active on the server for long enough and have lose their old base) are basically voting to void the time and work put in by clans who have?

Often the act of working towards a base is the funnest part of Origins but really, whats the point of doing it if you are not going to enjoy the benefits of it once its done? Honestly im not sure if I have the drive to go through with doing all again for the 7th or 8th time now every time a server closes or wipes.
QuickTrueno

INT005 Wipe

Post by QuickTrueno »

@breky Is that confirm? is a wipe recommended by devs for the update?
Seems very unfair and biased to me that in most cases......people who havnt put the effort into constructing a sizeable base (or who havnt been active on the server for long enough and have lose their old base) are basically voting to void the time and work put in by clans who have?
I agree with mossberg. I feel that people, who think is hard building bases in a server with clans, are voting yes, because they think it will be easier for them.

I play in Officials for this very reason. A lot of private servers keep resetting and it sucks to lose everything you and your friends had fun building. Sure, it is not hard to build a proper base but to have to do it again and again and again gets boring.

That said, I will continue to play in INT even if there is a wipe.
Mr.Peanutbutter

INT005 Wipe

Post by Mr.Peanutbutter »

Breky wrote: it needs a wipe because of the new things coming and it will be fun!!!!
So yeah, The server actually DOESN'T need a wipe for the new patch, furthermore the new patch doesn't have a release date. Please don't sway people to your side by trying to be clever, Breky.
Eule

INT005 Wipe

Post by Eule »

I voted neither for yes nor for no. Wiping the server has some benefits, but they are only temporal. Game has become too static with all those insane bases, especially those around byelov. Most good cars are rotting inside and are never used, because they just camp in their bases or fly around and jump down at sector to get even more stuff. World feels really empty, good fights happening has become a rather rare case. Last months we always drove around for hours without finding people or any action, until we went to byelov and fighting there is simply said stupid, since there are some unbeatable camping sides/bases.

Wiping the server would surely refresh competition and fill the world with players, but I also understand those who really put a lot of effort in their bases&stuff - I have much to lose as well, but wouldn't care if hence some more gameplay in the world would happen.

In side chat an Admin said, a wipe would be really important considering the upcoming changes & to balance stuff. Is there any more detailed explanation ? maybe would help to make a choice.

- starshaped
Sarcastic Combine

INT005 Wipe

Post by Sarcastic Combine »

Some people have worked their tails off on this.

Dont wreck it.