52%
NO
48%

Total votes: 317

JoePowell

INT005 Wipe

Post by JoePowell »

Hi Guys,

Please cast your vote for the INT005 wipe.

Regards,

-Joe
JoePowell

INT005 Wipe

Post by JoePowell »

Just to point out - If people want the wipe or not due to the effort they have put in that is fine, but from our point of view (Admins and Devs) the server needs a wipe to balance the game mechanics which will be introduced. People should build now because the wipe will not happen yet and I aim to give AT LEAST 2 weeks notice before the wipe. Besides people have too much loot and this is the exact reason why we must wipe it to balance the game - sure if you want an easy game then that is fine but we want to add a survival feel to it not everyone should have a level 3 house in my opinion it should be harder than it is at the minute to build this way people do not stack random rubbish also another issue which we will continue to work on is the duping, I know quite a few people on the server will dupe its just finding out who it is, but in the next week or two you should see a crackdown on duping and anyone suspected of it will be thoroughly investigated.
the Ed

INT005 Wipe

Post by the Ed »

JoePowell wrote:Just to point out - If people want the wipe or not due to the effort they have put in that is fine, but from our point of view (Admins and Devs) the server needs a wipe to balance the game mechanics which will be introduced. People should build now because the wipe will not happen yet and I aim to give AT LEAST 2 weeks notice before the wipe. Besides people have too much loot and this is the exact reason why we must wipe it to balance the game - sure if you want an easy game then that is fine but we want to add a survival feel to it not everyone should have a level 3 house in my opinion it should be harder than it is at the minute to build this way people do not stack random rubbish also another issue which we will continue to work on is the duping, I know quite a few people on the server will dupe its just finding out who it is, but in the next week or two you should see a crackdown on duping and anyone suspected of it will be thoroughly investigated.
Instead of wiping every 6 months because everybody is a pack rat, the developers could try to introduce some in game mechanics to help the server maintain some longevity and persistence. Could the weapons have durability stats so they degrade over time? That would stop high grade guns being put into circulation from sector b every 4 hours, then staying in the world swapping from player to player forever. This is only an example based on weaponry, but the more i think about it, the more it could be used on other aspects of the game also.

I don't think wiping is the answer to game balance as it will be business as usual not even 1 month after a wipe.
Shut Your Mouth !

INT005 Wipe

Post by Shut Your Mouth ! »

Server is lagging, you can drop over from chopper and take loot from urals and back to base.
QuickTrueno

INT005 Wipe

Post by QuickTrueno »

Shut Your Mouth ! wrote:Server is lagging, you can drop over from chopper and take loot from urals and back to base.
The wipe will not solve this problem. It will continue to happen.
TheScholar

INT005 Wipe

Post by TheScholar »

the Ed wrote:
JoePowell wrote:Just to point out - If people want the wipe or not due to the effort they have put in that is fine, but from our point of view (Admins and Devs) the server needs a wipe to balance the game mechanics which will be introduced. People should build now because the wipe will not happen yet and I aim to give AT LEAST 2 weeks notice before the wipe. Besides people have too much loot and this is the exact reason why we must wipe it to balance the game - sure if you want an easy game then that is fine but we want to add a survival feel to it not everyone should have a level 3 house in my opinion it should be harder than it is at the minute to build this way people do not stack random rubbish also another issue which we will continue to work on is the duping, I know quite a few people on the server will dupe its just finding out who it is, but in the next week or two you should see a crackdown on duping and anyone suspected of it will be thoroughly investigated.
Instead of wiping every 6 months because everybody is a pack rat, the developers could try to introduce some in game mechanics to help the server maintain some longevity and persistence. Could the weapons have durability stats so they degrade over time? That would stop high grade guns being put into circulation from sector b every 4 hours, then staying in the world swapping from player to player forever. This is only an example based on weaponry, but the more i think about it, the more it could be used on other aspects of the game also.

I don't think wiping is the answer to game balance as it will be business as usual not even 1 month after a wipe.

I agree with Ed about the gun durability... and durability in general...also agree with the guys that see that wiping the server is only a temp fix....the big bases encroaching upon spawn points will be back up within a month...

Joe I like the idea of things being harder for veteran players and for players in general to get to the higher levels and build...however new players are still having a heck of a time getting in the game initially because tents/storage is almost impossible for lonewolf players who will later bring their friends to the game to get a house up...Joe if you guys think the server REALLY needs a wipe because of the new patch and of new game mechanics then...DO IT...don't ask us..tell us....of course none of us who have spent hours and hours looting and building want a wipe ..BUT if wiping now prevents wiping every 6 months and making Origins a better experience in the future... then wipe it
QuickTrueno

INT005 Wipe

Post by QuickTrueno »

I have to agree with Schoolar and Ed. Make the game more difficult with things like durability and stuff like that, not by having to do the same all over again. If a wipes is recommend for the update, DO IT and just tell us. JUST DO IT. :D
PeggaRimJob

INT005 Wipe

Post by PeggaRimJob »

Originally i thought no to the wipe as i just built my enest lvl 2. However really thinking about it a wipe would be extremely beneficial to the server, seeing as the population on the server is getting lower and lower everyday.
SGTSADSACK

INT005 Wipe

Post by SGTSADSACK »

after watching a base costing over 250 reinforcing go up in 1 night, safe to say with all this new content coming out there will be no challenge for the larger clans as everything required to build is already in there houses
Zidane9Z

INT005 Wipe

Post by Zidane9Z »

There's like 20 strongholds on the server and so many insanely huge bases. Yeah it took really long time to build all the bases and strongholds but after you've finished them, theres nothing left to do pretty much. Why Origins is a really good mod (one of the many reasons why its good) is the fact that there's always something you can build. But these bases with mansions,strongholds,nestings all finished, theres nothing left to do other than pvp for these people.

It would give people something to do again (+adding all the new features that will come with the patch). Its really damn hard to find any helis or good vehicles like suvs on the server as all the best helis are on top of strongholds and all the best cars stored in carages inside massive walls (basicly impossible to access). I just started playing the server again and it takes like 5 hours to find a heli with a car as all the helis are gone from their spawns (and then you have to settle for like a praga or in best case, huey, blackhawks or armed mi17s do not even come in to question). Over 50h of playing on the server past 3 weeks, i havent seen a single SUV in any of their default spawn locations. Also it makes it much harder for newer players to start origins after the patch that might be completely new to the mod itself if they're never able to find any vehicles. Currently its even impossible to get rocks from byelov as some russians camp the mine constantly with like +5 man group and they've even built a stronghold right next to the mine. All these factors should be taken into consideration by the admins and i think the wipe should happen. Yeah you can say that its easy for me to say as i dont have a huge base to lose, but lets be real, whats the fun of having a huge base and having nothing to work towards? Yeah its really fun having a huge base for a while, but after sometime, you get really bored. I had a really big base on a server aswell once, but there was nothing left to do after building all the stuff.
QuickTrueno

INT005 Wipe

Post by QuickTrueno »

No, there is not 20 SHs in the server. NEW PLAYERS, do not feel overwhelm by big bases even a makarov is deadly.
Everything can be reach, even a car inside a garage behind big walls, It just takes more effort and resources.
Even with a wipe, all helis will be gone within an hour of the reset.
SUV MGs are OP; you will have to be extremely lucky to find one in a spawn. I do not think is suppose to be easy to get.
It is possible to get rocks from byelov, even solo. I have done it. You just need to get what you can and get out. You have to be cautious. Do not go to byelov if there is an all out war.
What is next after building you ask? well, that is simple my friend, what follows is an all out war against other players.

PVP is love; PVP is life.