52%
NO
48%

Total votes: 317

JoePowell

INT005 Wipe

Post by JoePowell »

Hi Guys,

Please cast your vote for the INT005 wipe.

Regards,

-Joe
SimonCat

INT005 Wipe

Post by SimonCat »

Do it! It's will be perfect for new update + all those AFK bases will finnally dissapear!
Zidane9Z

INT005 Wipe

Post by Zidane9Z »

QuickTrueno wrote:No, there is not 20 SHs in the server. NEW PLAYERS, do not feel overwhelm by big bases even a makarov is deadly.
Everything can be reach, even a car inside a garage behind big walls, It just takes more effort and resources.
Even with a wipe, all helis will be gone within an hour of the reset.
SUV MGs are OP; you will have to be extremely lucky to find one in a spawn. I do not think is suppose to be easy to get.
It is possible to get rocks from byelov, even solo. I have done it. You just need to get what you can and get out. You have to be cautious. Do not go to byelov if there is an all out war.
What is next after building you ask? well, that is simple my friend, what follows is an all out war against other players.

PVP is love; PVP is life.
Yeah of course all the cars and helis will be taken as fast as possible but atleast they're not locked up on top of strongholds unreachable for the newer groups. A helicopter locked up on top of a stronghold isnt reachable. (unless you explode it by crashing in to it and then getting it from it's spawn point) And theres easily over 10 strongholds on the server, an admin can confirm this. The real number might be even over 20. Also, just because you managed to get rocks from byelov with a lucky timing when the russians weren't online, doesn't mean other people wont have this problem.Also, It is basicly impossible to attack a stronghold, unless you can hit some insane grenades or something.

Yeah they should be hard to attack aswell as they require so many resources to build, but at this point, there are way too many strongholds on the server, the addition of the tall walls you can build, has made it basicly impossible to even attack a base that is well built, you cant get inside the walls without using glitching (which will get you banned) or a helicopter to parachute in, unless you camp the base and manage to shoot player opening the gate (and no one will waste insanely long time trying to camp a large base to get killed by a 3rd person abusing player from a watch tower while trying to steal their locked cars).
Talking about SUVs, im not talking about SUV MGs here only, im talking about unarmed SUVs aswell, there are 14 different spawn points for SUV+SUV MG, so there should be atleast one in some spawn point, but nope never, only time when i've even seen SUV parked outside a garage, was when a group was forced in to a firefight against my squad and before we killed them, they managed to lock up the car so we couldn't even take it. I wouldn't be surprised if some squads built their houses, leaving cars on top of the foundations and building the cars inside their houses to get additional storage base, again, making it even harder for other players to find cars. There are so many factors that favor the wipe, im ok if it doesn't happen as i've got a decent base built up myself. But it would make the server a better experience for all the players, having to start up fresh for (possibly) the biggest patch in the origins history.

I never said pvp isn't good,of course its good, but it shouldn't be the main focus of the mod. If i want a pvp experience, i could easily play overwatch (basicly cancer). BUT, when you play origins for certain amount of time, the mod will become just another overwatch WHEN you run out of stuff to do. Origins' main focus should be on having a goal, having something to do all the time. When you've completed every goal there is in the mod, wheres the fun? There wont be any, killing people and camping each others' bases will get boring over time.
1. You will always have the best guns possible/gear.
2. You will always have the best vehicles as you just lock your heli and cars after you're done using them.
3. You have nothing to work towards when you log in.
All the factors make origins another overwatch and thats not what anyone wants.

There are many squads that are in this situation on the server, as they've done everything possible that origins mod has to offer. Now that the new patch will come, they have all the stuff stored up, ready to build everything possible that will come with the new patch. They have helis and cars locked up and ready to explore all the new areas.

Also, forget to mention that all these insanely huge bases on the map wont be good for server's performance and load times.

Joe (admin) mentioned that there's duping going on on the server. This makes me question every big groups' "achievements" on the server and adds one more reason to wipe the server to the list.

The new patch will be more fun for every single player on the server, IF the server gets wiped and thats a fact.
SGTSADSACK

INT005 Wipe

Post by SGTSADSACK »

Joe if YES gets for example only 1 vote more than NO. the server will still wipe correct?
QuickTrueno

INT005 Wipe

Post by QuickTrueno »

Zidane9Z wrote: Yeah of course all the cars and helis will be taken as fast as possible but atleast they're not locked up on top of strongholds unreachable for the newer groups. A helicopter locked up on top of a stronghold isnt reachable. (unless you explode it by crashing in to it and then getting it from it's spawn point) And theres easily over 10 strongholds on the server, an admin can confirm this. The real number might be even over 20. Also, just because you managed to get rocks from byelov with a lucky timing when the russians weren't online, doesn't mean other people wont have this problem.Also, It is basicly impossible to attack a stronghold, unless you can hit some insane grenades or something.

[...]

The new patch will be more fun for every single player on the server, IF the server gets wiped and thats a fact.
@Zidane9Z
No, nothing is basically impossible to do. Just because it requires more resources to achieve, it does not mean is "basically impossible". Yes, it is more difficult but not impossible.

In my opinion, the origins mod game-play changes as your experience/resources increase. It is easier and simpler to attack a base of level 1 houses without complete fences than a stronghold with completed walls. Using grenades and at least a heli seems reasonable to me to attack a big ass castle surrounded with walls. That seems to a be a reachable objective, but as expected, is not something you can do after a respawn.
A wipe would bring more people to the server and would reset everyone experience to the beginning but this is a temporary fix to the challenges you mention. In a week, I can assure you big clans will have better bases than most of the players and they will be back to hoarding the best vehicles.

A wipe will not necessarily benefit the server. The players attracted to a server wipe do not seem to be the players that stay. A server wipe might discourage hardcore players from continue playing. Once the casual players leave, the server might be more empty or have problems filling up. I have seen this happen in a private server, where admins were asking big groups to come back. I do not think it will happen in this server, but stating that the patch will be more fun for "everyone" if there is a wipe is just not true.

It is an end game once you have built everything and obtained everything. However, when you finish a game, you don't just reset the game-save and start all over, you wait for dlc or second part. Yes, there are many groups probably ready for the next content but that is not a reason for a wipe.

The only real benefit from a wipe is the decrease in lag around bases but it will not solve the problem in sector b when the server is full or desync problems.

PS lets leave the duping problem to the admins.
SkatoVromoLag

INT005 Wipe

Post by SkatoVromoLag »

make a heli and throw it at a locked heli, so hard?
SGTSADSACK

INT005 Wipe

Post by SGTSADSACK »

SkatoVromoLag wrote:make a heli and throw it at a locked heli, so hard?

Wasn't aware you could make a heli
SimonCat

INT005 Wipe

Post by SimonCat »

In my opinion, server needs to be wiped, because of some reasons:
1. "New update is coming!" And it's won't be just a update with a few new skins for cars and etc. It's will be very big update, with new map places, skills for character, achievments (Just think, some achievments are about, that we need to have a special thing, that without wipe everyone already will complete it or that thing will be somewhere in the AFK bases).
2. "Oh noes! Most of the vehicles are stolen!" That's ok, IF vehicle is in the non AFK bases, but right now there's a lot of AFK bases with a bunch of cars, helicopters and even sometimes planes. And this is a problem, that requier wipe!
3. "Ohh! I want to build on very cool and safety place, but ohh noes! Somebody already build over here! Oh my god! It's AFK base and there's nothing, what can i do, now i can build only on non safety place somewhere in the forest, so everyone can hide in the tree and wait when i will open the door!" Yeah, so this is a BIG problem. I have saw that some new players was building somewhere on ridiculous places, because all good places like mountaines and beaches are full of AFK bases ! And this problem requier wipe either!
That's most of the facts, which i was want it to tell!
IHIOUSE {TTRD}

INT005 Wipe

Post by IHIOUSE {TTRD} »

These "AFK" bases despawn after 2 weeks of no use, it's not like there are cars sitting in garages for a month or 2 that haven't been opened or used... if you need a car out of a garage go blow it up with a couple grenades...

Seems like it is mostly new players & players who have left & had their bases despawn and come back and now have nothing that want the wipe.

Quite incredible how every time no wipe starts to go ahead in the poll there are about 20 votes in a row for wipe... The only honest way to do this would be to have a post where you put your in game name & guid that you play on to keep this fair, not like some kids who will be unnamed i've heard used 20 steam accounts to vote wipe.

Also on a separate note i would highly consider a whitelist for when the release is updated.
SimonCat

INT005 Wipe

Post by SimonCat »

These "AFK" bases despawn after 2 weeks of no use, it's not like there are cars sitting in garages for a month or 2 that haven't been opened or used... if you need a car out of a garage go blow it up with a couple grenades...

Hm... But how i will blow up those cars in garages if in AFK bases have a very tall walls. Also, you sure that all AFK bases despawn after 2 weeks of no use? xD
There's a big base which doesn't use by nobody in Krasnostav, behind Martin field and etc. I'm looking after them like more then 2 weeks and they still there. Although, there's a unbuilded foundaiment behind my house, which still is untouched after 3-4 weeks. I wouldn't vote for yes if this system was working.
volodymyr.voronych

INT005 Wipe

Post by volodymyr.voronych »

no....i lose too much my time to build the base...if U will wipe the server....big teams will make the big base in one week after wipe....but alone player like me need 2 mounth to build base with 3 houses....please no////I'm sure that for wipe voted people which never played at int005 and never will play////