Fewer Zombies?

General discussion about the Mod.
Auphiel

Fewer Zombies?

Post by Auphiel »

I have been noticing fewer and fewer zombies running around. Also fewer zombies come when I fire weapons, even the very noisy Lee Enfield only attracts only a few zombies anymore, not the hoards it used to call.

What is the deal? This is a Zombie game isn't it?
andex

Fewer Zombies?

Post by andex »

well yes, there used to be more zombies per player back in the days.
there are fewer zombies but they are smarter and more aggressive and of course that helps server performance.

tbh zombies were never a real threat, more like an annoyance you had to play around and an indicator for player activity.

it can be a zombie game for you.
for me its more like a militarized open world team deathmatch game with basebuilding
i dont think origins fits any genre, more like a sandbox, play it the way you like
GrandRoyal

Fewer Zombies?

Post by GrandRoyal »

Make them even harder! Is there any chance for making them jump over fences? or some zeds that are a bit faster. Some special zombies that will one hit you to halfblood.
Really wan`t some zombie hords that randomly walking around the map.( it was stated from you in this forum that zombies don`t cause lag )

Off topic: Hope you guys ( devteam ) don`t take the suggestions on your FB page in consider before the ones on this forum. Suggest a wipe and lesser sub categories. To many good ideas is just lost in a maze here... A living forum will benefit this mod. Now it seems rather dead.

I also think: ( stepping on toes ) that LFS should upgrade their boxes, dev team not be afraid of using allready good ideas out there! ( made by gamers)
I mean.. In the original OFP there were addons for everything. Moving trains, tripwire flares, AI script that made the AI sneak,hide,talk,scream and pop smoke ( ECP it was called back then ), skyes that looked better than in arma, sound of bullets that made you hit the deck etc etc. That was in year 2001.

Love your mod anyway! Love how you make people search for open cans of food now ..( quest ) Keep it up!
Auphiel

Fewer Zombies?

Post by Auphiel »

I don't necessarily want the zombies to be harder, I just don't want to see their numbers quietly diminished, and this game forever changed as a result. So I want to know here, is "fewer zombies" is a planned "feature?" Perhaps it is an unfortunate bug that needs to be fixed? Or, is my poor deluded mind conjuring this up?
GrandRoyal wrote:
Off topic: Hope you guys ( devteam ) don`t take the suggestions on your FB page in consider before the ones on this forum. Suggest a wipe and lesser sub categories. To many good ideas is just lost in a maze here... A living forum will benefit this mod. Now it seems rather dead.

I also think: ( stepping on toes ) that LFS should upgrade their boxes, dev team not be afraid of using allready good ideas out there! ( made by gamers)
I mean.. In the original OFP there were addons for everything. Moving trains, tripwire flares, AI script that made the AI sneak,hide,talk,scream and pop smoke ( ECP it was called back then ), skyes that looked better than in arma, sound of bullets that made you hit the deck etc etc. That was in year 2001.
I love what you are saying here. I think facebook may be a bad move for this mod. Posting updates there, sure, but the main communication between players and devs should rest here, in the forums.
andex

Fewer Zombies?

Post by andex »

if you want to communicate with the devs youll have to use fb or the dev ts.
its very unlikely that they will answer here.
Auphiel

Fewer Zombies?

Post by Auphiel »

Well, that's funny, on facebook, in the Origins official page, when I click the contact button, it directs me back here, to the forums. Surely you are mistaken Andex.

I do not want to lose focus though, this game is losing its zombies in a big way, and I cannot find where this is being discussed.
I just did another run through, I ran around Etanovsk, firing an F88 (unsilenced), when I was around the hospital and train engine areas, a few zombies did come, however, when I was running around in most all other areas of Etanovsk, including the wooded area behind the church, which is usually teeming with zombies, nothing, zip, nada, zilch, not one zombie, even if I burned an entire clip!

Is this intended? Or a glich? Are the devs intentionally removing zombies from the game?

What is going on with this mod?